120+ Would You Rather Math Questions For Kids and Teens
Would you rather math questions for kids are fun exercises to help build creativity and reasoning. Get To Know You Games help children bond together.
The game encourages problem-solving and reasoning in kids with simple math problems. They are also encouraged to make a choice between two things giving an insight into their behavior to the moderators helping play the game, moderators can be either parents at home or teachers at school.
However, the activity can also be played without maths problems and help explore children's thought processing with behavioral or hypothetical questions.
You might get a clear insight into their wants and desires if the questions are made strategically.
Let me help you with simple and effective math problems to try with your kids in kindergarten, first grade, or fifth grade. They will be able to make choices based on their perception, but one thing to keep in mind is, most of the time, there is no right answer.
Would You Rather Math Questions For Kids
Would you rather math questions for kids are helpful in encouraging decision-making and reasoning. It is an excellent exercise for solving math problems.
Due to the involvement of mathematics in the game, not all questions can be suitable for everyone. For example, questions designed for kindergarten students can be way easier for fifth graders and those made for fifth graders can be unsolvable for kindergarteners.
Let us work our way up from Kindergarten to fifth grade gradually.
Would You Rather Questions For Kindergarten
The best would your rather questions for kids attending kindergarten would be numeric sense. Here are some for you to try with your child.
1. Would you rather have five pencils that are 6 centimeters each or three pencils that are nine centimeters each?
2. Would you rather have ten baskets of 5 apples each or eight baskets of 6 apples each?
3. Would you rather have eight quarters or two one-dollar bills?
4. Would you rather have your birthday be 10 days away or two weeks away?
5. Would you rather have 10 marbles to share with your four friends or 12 marbles to share with your five friends?
6. Would you rather have seven green chairs and two red chairs or five green chairs and three red chairs?
7. Would you rather have 29 candies and give five to your friend or 36 candy and give 14 to your friend?
8. Would you rather have nine broccoli and not eat 4 of them or 5 broccoli and eat all of them?
9. Would you rather have planted six pine trees and two oak trees or three pine trees and five oak trees?
10. Would you rather have one dollar now or two dollars next week?
12. Would you rather have six apples to share among two friends or four apples for yourself?
13. Would you rather have 8 cookies now and not have any more for the week or one cookie every day throughout the week?
14. Would you rather have bedtime at 8 pm and wake up at 5 am or go to bed at 10 pm and wake up at 6 pm?
15. Would you rather have a 30-minute break time now or a 5-minute break time every hour?
16. Would you rather have your 10 friends bring one candy each for you or your six friends bring two candies each for you?
17. Would you rather have a set of 10 big Lego blocks or a set of 15 smaller Lego blocks?
18. Would you rather start at number 70 or number 50 to count to 100?
19. Would you rather have two slices of big cake or four slices of small cake?
20. Would you rather read two books today and four books tomorrow or five books today and no books tomorrow?
22. Would you rather have three friends at school and two friends at home or four friends at school and none at home?
23. Would you rather have one homework every day for a week or four homework today and none for the rest of the week?
24. Would you rather have a bucket of two-pounder ice cream or three buckets of 10-ounce ice cream?
25. Would you rather have a packet of 10 crayons with 5 green crayons or a packet of 8 crayons with all different colors?
26. Would you rather have a piggy bank with 100 cents or a two-dollar bill?
27. Would you rather have one 30-day vacation in a year or two 20-day of vacations?
28. Would you rather invite 10 friends to your birthday who bring one gift each or 25 friends among whom only half bring a gift?
29. Would you rather have a playdate with your friends for 2 hours once a week or 30 minutes three times a week?
30. Would you rather have 5 Sweet Tarts for yourself or 15 Sweet Tarts to share among two people?
32. Would you rather have an ice cream and two cookies or two ice creams and four cookies shared among two people?
33. Would you rather have three dolls and two cars or four cars and two dolls?
34. Would you rather have two chickens and one duck or four chickens and no duck?
35. Would you rather have a two-egg omelet alone or share a four-egg omelet with your three friends?
You May Also Like: 100th Day Of School Dress Up Ideas For Teachers And Kids
Would You Rather Questions For First Grader
1. Would you rather be in 7-6 grade or 9-7 grade?
2. Would you rather have 5*3 dollars or 20-4 dollars?
3. Would you rather share 20 candies with your sibling or eat 12 candies alone?
4. Would you rather score 2 goals in each half of a soccer match or score a total of 3 goals in the entire match?
5. Would you rather eat 20 candies alone or divide 50 candies between you and your friend?
6. Would you rather eat one-third of a one-pound cake or eat the whole of a 6-ounce cake?
7. Would you rather have 6-2 siblings or 2+3 siblings?
8. Would you rather save one dollar every day or save three dollars twice a week?
9. Would you rather carry 3 books 250 grams each and 2 notebooks 150 grams each or 2 books and 3 notebooks?
11. Would you rather play at the park for 1 hour and 20 minutes once a day or play for 45 minutes twice a day?
12. Would you rather go to bed at 8 pm and wake up at 5 am or go to bed at 10 pm and wake up at 6 am?
13. Would you rather have 1/4 of 28 candies or 1/3 of 24 candies?
14. Would you rather drink a 2-liter pitcher of orange juice or 5 boxes of 500 ml orange juice?
15. Would you rather have a liter of soda or 30 ounces of soda?
16. Would you rather have three half-length pencils or two full-length pencils?
17. Would you rather have 8-5 books or 7-3 books?
18. Would you rather have six yellow and five orange M&Ms or three yellow and nine orange M&Ms?
19. Would you rather have three boxes of 9 crayons each or two boxes of 15 crayons each?
21. Would you rather have a dozen of bananas or 11 individual bananas?
22. Would you rather attend 22 birthday parties a year or two birthday parties every month?
23. Would you rather have three one-pound buckets of popcorn or two one-kilogram buckets?
24. Would you rather go on a vacation for 15 days each twice a year or have 10 days of vacation every three months?
25. Would you rather get $14 in allowance weekly or $3 daily?
26. Would you rather take tests twice a year or once every three months?
27. Would you rather watch television for 30 minutes twice a day or 80 minutes once a day?
28. Would you rather play video games for 30 minutes daily or play in the park for 45 minutes?
29. Would you rather divide your 100 math problems with three of your friends or 150 with five of your friends?
31. Would you rather get 56+42 on your maths test or 68 + 29 out of 100?
32. Would you rather give up 26+17 dollars from your allowance or 12+31 dollars?
33. Would you rather take three one-dollar bills or 65 nickels from your grandparents?
34. Would your rather have your juice glass filled with 2 ounces of juice twice or with 5 ounces of juice once?
35. Would your rather have 3+2 pieces of cake or 9-3 pieces of cake?
Would You Rather Questions For 5th Graders
36. Would you rather have $1.5 for every month of your life or one nickel for every day of your lifetime?
37. Would you rather purchase a one-pounder burger for $4 or a four-ounce burger for 75 cents?
38. Would you rather get a 25% discount on a $125 pair of pants or a flat $30 off?
39. Would you rather have $100 today or $24 every week for the next five weeks?
40. Would you rather read 12 pages every night from a book with 250 pages or 30 pages twice a week from a book with 234 pages?
41. Would you rather earn $1 for every time you say your name for the next two days or 50 cents for every time others say your name for the next two days?
42. Would you rather have 10% of your marks deducted from a total of 100 marks or 9 marks deducted from the total?
43. Would you rather be as tall as 870 quarters or 1000 cents?
44. Would you rather run the full length of a football field twice or run in a straight line for 200 yards?
46. Would you rather give up 5% of your allowance of $10 daily for a week or give up $3 in a lump sum?
47. Would you rather buy a toy car for $100 or another toy car for $25 paid each week for one and a half months?
48. Would you rather have a square cake with 5 inches side length or a circular cake with 3 inches radius?
49. Would you rather spend $2.7 each for 19 friends or spend $3 each for 10 friends?
50. Would you rather invite 15 friends who are sure to bring one gift each or 26 friends among whom only one-third will bring gifts but two gifts each for your birthday party?
51. Would you rather get invited to 30 birthday parties a year or twice every three weeks?
52. Would you rather deposit $6 to double every week for four weeks or $9 to triple every week for three weeks at the bank?
53. Would you rather have a gold cube with 20-centimeter sides or two gold cubes with 15-centimeter sides?
54. Would your rather purchase eggs for $12 a dozen or $1.15 dollar per egg but get one free for every two eggs purchased?
56. Would you rather have your parents drive you to school at 40 miles per hour or 17 meters per second while running late for class?
57. Would you rather be in the 92 percentile group or get 92%?
58. Would you rather swim in a square pool with 12-meter sides or a circular pool with a radius of 12 meters?
59. Would you rather choose to take a flat discount of $20 for your purchase of $120 or get a coupon of 20% off?
60. Would you rather have your allowance doubled every two months or tripled every three months?
61. Would you rather have one slice from 5 slices of 10-inch pizza or two slices from 5 slices of two 7-inch pizzas each?
62. Would you rather purchase a litter bottle of juice at $1 or a gallon bottle of juice at $4.5?
63. Would you rather have your allowance increased by 10% every month or get it doubled every 10 months?
64. Would you rather run around the circumference of a circle with a radius of 10 meters or run along the perimeter of a square with 15-meter sides?
66. Would you rather share 25% of your $15 allowance with your younger siblings or give them $4?
67. Would you rather spend three hours weekly studying or 30 minutes daily studying?
68. Would your rather bicycle 5 miles a day for 15 days or 8 kilometers a day for 15 days?
69. Would you rather wait to get three doubles from a set of two dice to win or flip a coin to get three consecutive heads or tails?
70. Would you rather paint one-third of a circle with a radius of 6 meters or an entire circle with a radius of 3 meters?
Best Would You Rather Questions For Teens
Best would you rather questions for teens can help you understand their wants and desires. Teens love these types of questions related to pop culture and love life.
71. Would you rather have to wear everything your grandma buys you or switch closets with your father?
72. Would you rather have one of your family members be a celebrity or be best friends with a celebrity?
73. Would you rather have 22 siblings in the family or be a single child?
74. Would you rather have a younger brother or a younger sister?
75. Would you rather have your sibling be a famous singer or a standup comedian?
76. Would you rather be the youngest child in your family or the eldest child?
77. Would you rather do all the laundry of your family members twice a week or cook two meals once a week?
78. Would you rather have your family own a clothing retail shop or a Michelin-star restaurant?
79. Would you rather have your family shift to a beachside villa or a mountain cabin?
80. Would you rather have your mother or father drop you to high school every day?
81. Would you rather be last at your school lunch line or the last one to leave the school parking lot?
82. Would you rather have your parents teach one of your classes in high school or teach one high school class yourself?
83. Would you rather take mathematics class or biology class as your elective subject in high school?
84. Would you rather pick a fight with your school headmaster or your PT trainer?
85. Would you rather clean the gym after every basketball match or clean the restrooms twice a month?
86. Would you rather have telekinesis or telepathy power?
87. Would you rather have the ability to double every dollar bill you touch or turn napkins into sheets of gold?
88. Would you rather have the ability to manipulate people into thinking you as a cool high-school kid or have them pay your food bills for two years?
89. Would you rather have a lifetime free anything coupon from Mcdonald's or a free meal every week from a two Michelin-star restaurant for your entire life?
90. Would you rather have the ability to see through a concrete wall or hear through a concrete wall?
91. Would you rather have your partner reject your proposal in front of your whole family or someone you do not like purpose you during the Superbowl match?
92. Would you rather go dancing with your younger sister's friend or your elder sister's friend?
93. Would you rather have a loyal but not attractive girlfriend or the world's most beautiful girl with a history of unfaithfulness?
94. Would you rather have your girlfriend have a sense of humor or intelligence?
95. Would you rather go on a double date with your parents or your partner's parents?
96. Would you rather use a hand-me-down iPhone or a brand-new Android?
97. Would you rather buy a Windows laptop for $2000 or purchase an Apple Airbook for the same amount?
98. Would you rather have the ability to fix every gadget you lay your hands on or jam signal around your vicinity at your will?
99. Would you rather give up air conditioning or heating for the rest of your life?
100. Would you rather have free electricity for the rest of your life or free gas?
101. Would you rather have 10 kids in the future or have none?
102. Would you rather get married to the person you love the most but she ends up leaving you in 15 years or get married to someone you think okay about and spend your entire life together?
103. Would you rather drive a stick shift and be able to use digital maps and GPS or drive an automatic and never be able to use digital maps or GPS?
104. Would you rather spend your entire life as a long-haul truck driver or a taxi driver in your city?
105. Would you rather live on Earth or go to Mars if the opportunity comes?
106. Would you rather only listen to rap music for the rest of your life or listen to country music?
107. Would you rather have the ability to befriend any singer or have the ability to befriend any actor?
108. Would you rather do 5 films every year with a 5% chance of getting famous or do one film every two years with a 95% chance of becoming famous?
109. Would you rather be a character in George RR Martin's fiction or Stephen King's fiction?
110. Would you rather work at Burger King with the love of your life or work at Wall Street without the luck of ever finding your love?
111. Would you rather win a $10 million lottery today or have a 50% chance of winning a $1 billion lottery next month?
112. Would you rather drive a Honda Civic in perfect condition or a Lamborghini which has a 75% chance of breaking when you are driving with your girlfriend or best friend?
113. Would you rather live a middle-class life in the United States of America or have a wealthy life in Iraq?
114. Would you rather have your girlfriend elope with your best friend or you elope with your best friend's girlfriend?
115. Would you rather have the ability to never feel hungry again or feel hungry at will?
116. Would you rather only drink black coffee or black tea for the rest of your life?
117. Would you rather be the president of the United States of America for one term or be the mayor of New York City for the rest of your life?
118. Would you rather join United States Marines or the United States Air Force?
119. Would you rather be underweight for your entire life or be overweight?
120. Would you rather give up your eyesight or your hearing ability?
You May Also Like: 80+ Hilarious New Year's Jokes, Puns And One-Liners To Kick Off 2023
Other Fun Word Games To Play With Friends
Fun word games to play with friends include Riff Off, Fortunately-Unfortunately, and Pterodactyl. Ghost will not spoof you, ironically.
If you are looking to try hands-on vocabulary and are looking for word games to enjoy during long road trips or play at family gatherings or with friends, we have brought you a list to enjoy.
- The game is started by one player announcing a random object and its one quality, the second player must add another object with the same quality and an additional quality, the third adds an object with the second player's additional quality, and so on.
- As the name suggests, one-word stories are played by adding a new word by the next player and continuing the story. It is a fun and creative game to play with a group of friends and family members.
- It is one of the most entertaining games as one friend starts by crafting the first half of the sentence beginning with fortunately and another friend twists the sentence beginning with, unfortunately. For example, A starts with, fortunately, I have a lifejacket during the storm at the sea. B, adds, Unfortunately, there was no air in the lifejacket.
- It is an easy-to-play classic game that can be played practically anywhere. The rules are simple, one must cover their teeth with their lips and say the word Pterodactyl without showing their teeth, other players try to crack them up by making faces and expressions. The person who shows lips is disqualified and the goal is to become the last man standing.
- Although the name sounds spooky, the game is quite the opposite. The goal of the game is to make a long word by adding letters, be careful not to complete the word or make a meaningful word. The person completing the word gets an alphabet from the word Ghost and looses when the word is completed.
There are a number of other similar word games to enjoy with your friends or family. You can have fun with vocabulary games without using a board or other instruments to enjoy the game.
You Might Also Like: 20 Best Virtual Minute To Win It Games For Adults At Work
Similar Get To Know You Games For Kids
Get to know you games for kids are Monkey See, Monkey Do, This or That, and Try Not to Laugh. Ice-breaker games are helpful to introduce a group of kids together.
If you are having a bunch of your kid's friends over for a playdate or are volunteering for the summer camp this year. Here are some of the great games to help your kids introduce to one another in a jiffy and get over the awkward phase quickly.
Monkey See, Monkey Do:
- This game helps children show their creativity while entertaining a group simultaneously. The rules are fairly simple, one kid says something he is doing (can be imaginary) and others follow. For example, one kid says I am growling like a lion, others will roar too.
This or That:
- This game will help kids learn similarities and differences in preference with one another. As the title suggests, the game encourages kids to choose between two things. For example, Kids who love dogs gather to the left and those who love cats gather to the right.
Try Not to Laugh:
- As the name suggests this game will definitely get kids laughing. It is very simple to play as well, you just need to gather around in a circle and each kid will try to make others laugh with funny jokes, facial gestures, or props if available.
- Divide the kids into pairs or groups and task them with finding all the treasures scattered throughout the premises. They will develop a quick bond among themself while working in a team.
- Candy Bowl will encourage the kids to share details about their personal life with other participants in exchange for candy. You will need a big bowl of candy and at least 5 pieces each for the children taking part. The moderator can assign a topic to a specific type or color of candy and kids will have to share the story based on the topic to get a piece each. For example, the kid might need to share about his parents to get chocolate.
Get to know you questions:
Get to know you questions for kids are also another way of know children. The queries help teachers learn about children quickly.
These types of questions are useful when an adult is willing to learn more about the kid he/she might working or taking care of. They can range from a specific topic to a boarder sense. Here are the top 5 questions to ask a kid to know them better.
- What do you want to become in the future when you grow up?
- What is the best memory you have from last year or early life?
- What would you buy if you get $100 now?
- What is your favorite food, place, color, book, or movie?
- Who do you love the most in your family?
You Might Also Like: Fun Things To Do At A Sleepover With Your Bestie