Hard Indoor Scavenger Hunt Riddles For Adults With Answers
Hard indoor scavenger hunt riddles for adults are tricky to crack. Treasure Hunt riddles direct the players to the next clue or location.
A scavenger hunt is an engaging activity to undertake on weekends or during large family gatherings. It can provide both mental and physical exercise to sharpen your skills.
Solving riddles is a big part of the game and preparing those riddles is an even bigger part of the activity.
The game can be played inside your home or you could take the party outdoors as well.
The bigger the area, the more fun the hunters (players) will have to find for the treasure. Some elaborated games sometimes include an entire city in their scavenger hunt map.
Similarly, a Scavenger hunt is also one of the best games you can organize during your office retreat to test the wit of employees and colleagues. Universities also organize annual or half-yearly scavenger hunts in the United States of America.
One such event is the University of Chicago Scavenger Hunt held annually for four days typically ending on Mother's Day every year. It also holds the record of the largest Scavenger Hunt event and comprises over 300 items, builds challenges, and covers nearly 2000 miles of road trips.4
Related: 100+ Hardest Riddles For Family
Indoor Scavenger Hunt Riddles For Adults With Answers
Treasure hunt riddles for adults with answers lead players to a certain place where another clue waits. Scavenger hunt riddles can be tricky at times.
If you are planning on organizing a scavenger hunt for adults, we encourage you to include as many hard riddles as possible. Here are some hard riddles for adults to start the event.
1. I greet everyone into the home but I never utter a single word, what am I?
- Welcome mat
2. Use me once in the morning and once at night, and I’ll keep your smile nice and white.
- Tooth Brush
3. Are you camping out? Keep me near. However, I cannot solve your fear. It just helps to flick my switch when in the dark, you sense a twitch.
4. I have a ring, but no finger. Sometimes I die, but I’ll be revived if you charge me up.
- Cell Phones
5. I Can Be Cracked. I Can Be Made. I Can Be Told. I Can Be Played. What Am I?
- A Joke
6. Fill me up and make me fat. You like me best when I’m like that. But lose track, and you will see you’ve nearly finished what you put in me.
- A Wallet
7. I have keys, but no locks and space, and no rooms. You can enter and escape but cannot get in and out, what am I?
- A computer keyboard
8. A band that doesn’t play instruments but has plenty of styles.
- A headband
9. If you go out of town, I don’t need a sitter, just someone to leave me food and change my litter.
10. I am not a lamp, but I can light up. I don’t use any petrol but can start fires, what am I?
- A matchstick
11. I have 88 teeth but never brush them, what am I?
- A piano
12. I lie in the place where today comes before yesterday, where am I?
- In the dictionary
13. Open me to use me, close me when you're through. Look in your room for the next clue.
- A Laptop
14. I have four legs, but I don’t have any feet. You use me when it’s time to eat, what am I?
- Kitchen table
15. I am full of holes but still do hold water, what am I?
- A sponge
16. You can turn me up high, keep warm, or on low, but no matter the setting, the cooking will be slow, what am I?
17. Bread goes inside of me but never comes out. If I start smoking, you’re bound to shout! what am I?
- A toaster
18. You answer me, but I never ask any questions, what am I?
- A telephone
19. I am a beautiful bed but without sheets, but I am dirty at the same time as well, what am I?
- A Flowerbed
20. If you find me on the road, you’ll have a decision to make. If you find me in a drawer, you’ll be ready to eat cake, what am I?
- A fork
Riddles For Indoor Scavenger Hunt
Treasure hunt riddles around the house include those questions and answers which are found inside the home. Scavenger hunt clues must lie inside the home.
1. Tall and solid, all homes have me. To get me open, you’ll need a key, what am I?
- Front Door
2. While I can run with electricity, I prefer using gas, I make a loud noise, and love eating grass, what am I?
- A lawnmower
3. One sheet, two sheets, three sheets, four. Some people use less and some use more.
- Toilet paper
4. I have no mouth and no nose, but I do have a face. I also have two hands and, but no legs and or toes, what am I?
5. Stiff is my spine and my body is pale, but I’m always ready to tell a tale, what am I?
- A storybook
6. I never get angry, but I do get hot. I'm the perfect place to place a pan or a pot, what am I?
- A Stove
7. Inside here you will find coats and shoes. Keep me organized so you know whose are whose.
- A closet
8. You use knobs to make me turn colder or hotter. You’d never know it, but my head is full of water, what am I?
- A Shower
9. I am a flat box housing colors and sound, I can be found in the living room, what am I?
- A television
10. For a movie, you will need to pop some corn. When it’s ready, the buzzer on me will warn, what am I?
- A microwave
11. When you get tired, have a seat. I’ll keep you cozy and get you off your feet, what am I?
- A chair
12. Give me a tap and I’ll give you some suds, I come in handy especially when you’re covered in mud, what am I?
- A soap
13. Adding bubbles to me is fun. You usually get in me at night before your day is done, what am I?
14. Most every day, you step on me. All I require is a bend of your knee, what am I?
15. I have a neck but no head, yet I still wear a cool cap, what am I?
16. My job is to put an end to your morning sleep, which I do with music, a buzz, or a beep, what am I?
- Alarm Clock
17. I hold your junk and am not neat, you will often find me inside of the home or on the street, what am I?
- Trash can
18. When the wind blows, I wave to you. Sometimes I am red, white, and blue, what am I?
- A flag
19. I make it possible to have fresh food. Everyone agrees I'm one cool dude, who am I?
- A fridge
20. I can be placed on the side of the couch or the side of your bed, I can come in all kinds of colors, like brown, black, or even red, what am I?
- Side Table
Tips And Tricks To Conduct A Fun Scavenger Hunt
Riddles for treasure hunt at home is just the first step in preparing for the event. Scavenger hunt event requires setting a boundary as well.
The rules for the event can vary greatly depending on the nature of the hunt and the number of participants. It can also be based on the area you are planning to cover through the event and if it is a team event or individuals are participating. Here are some basic guidelines for a successful and fun event.
- Set the boundary of the event and be very specific and clear about the borders. If you are planning an in-house event then your lot boundary might be the border or if you are going big and covering your entire city, the city boundary might be your border.
- Set time limits and be very specific about it, in larger events, participants might need to cross timezones which may lead to confusion. Be as specific as you can be about time limits.
- Set the rules about the order of item collection in advance. Be specific about the order in which every item from your scavenger hunt list must be collected if there are any.
- Make the points addition and deduction rule clear to all the participants in advance. There must be a strict rule about all the point-related mathematics and you might need to make the decision of the Judge's final in that case as well.
- Clarify if teammates can split and start collecting items on their own during the event or if everyone must stick together.
- Add any required rules and guidelines that may suit your specific event or the region you are organizing the hunt.
While the rules might change from place to place and event to event, there are some guidelines to make the experience fun for everyone participating in the event by playing or as spectators.
Some courtesy behaviors like being polite to each other and strangers during the game and respecting other teams and competitors make the experience much more enjoyable.
I have left a riddle and the answer to that riddle is a must while taking part in a treasure hunt event.
This thing all things devour,
Birds, beasts, trees, and flowers.
Gnaws iron bites steel,
Grinds hard stones to meal,
Slays king ruins town,
And beats high mountains down
Read Further: Top 20 Team Building Activities For High School Students