100 Hardest Tongue Twisters In The World For Adults and Kids
Hardest tongue twister in the world is "pad kid poured curd pulled cord." Really hard Tongue twisters are a great way to build and enhance your speaking skills.
A tongue twister is a sentence, phrase, or word that is hard to articulate due to the succession of familiar consonantal sounds. Many actors and news anchors consider tongue twisters as speech therapy.
Really hard tongue twister is "the sixth sick sheikh's sixth sheep's sick" as per the Guinness World Record. It turns out to be hilarious when mispronounced.
People around the world celebrate International Tongue Twister Day on November 12. It is also the best day to be aware people of the benefits of these twisted sentences and phrases for all ages.
Tongue twisters for adults can be used as warm-up exercises before public speaking. It also provides cognitive benefits as it improves concentration and memory power.
Here are some of the tongue twisters for kids and adults.
You May Also Like: Hilarious Christmas Jokes and Puns
Hardest Short Tongue Twisters
Hardest short tongue twisters are a great way to challenge your pronunciation skills. It is also a great way to check your fluency with words and sentences.
- Pad kid poured curd pulled cord.
- Fresh Fench fried fly fitters.
- Seventy-seven benevolent elephants.
- How can a clam cram in a clean cream can?
- The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep sick.
- Six sleek swans swam swiftly southwards.
- Red Buick, Blue Buick (x3)
- Six sticky skeletons (x3)
- Bake big batches of bitter brown bread.
- Send toast to ten tense stout saints' ten tall tents.
- A flea and a fly flew up in a flue.
- Double bubble gum, bubbles double.
- Green glass globes glow greenly.
- Fred fed Ted bread, Ted ted Fred bread.
- Lesser leather never weathered wetter weather better.
- I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.
- Six sick hicks nick six slick bricks with picks and sticks.
- Thirty-three thirsty, thundering thoroughbreds thumped Mr. Thurber on Thursday.
- The 33 thieves thought that they thrilled the throne throughout Thursday.
You May Also Like: 100+ Hard Riddles For Family
Hardest Long Tongue Twisters
Long tongue twisters are more tricky than short ones. Many people stop in the middle while pronouncing the sentence as the words become difficult and twisted.
Here are some of the hardest long tongue twisters that are tricky when you say it out loud.
21. If you must cross a course cross cow across a crowded cow crossing, cross the cross coarse cow across the crowded cow crossing carefully.
22. Brisk brave brigadiers brandished broad bright blades, blunderbusses, and bludgeons balancing them badly.
23. I wish to wish the wish you wish to wish, but if you wish the wish the witch wishes, I won't wish the wish you wish to wish.
24. Can you can a canned can into an un-canned can like a canner can can a canned can into an un-canned can?
25. Betty bought butter but the butter was bitter, so Betty bought better butter to make the bitter butter better.
26. I thought a thought. But the thought I thought wasn’t the thought I thought I thought. If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought, I wouldn’t have thought I thought.
27. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? He would chuck, he would, as much as he could, and chuck as much wood as a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
28. Imagine an imaginary menagerie manager managing an imaginary menagerie.
29. English can be understood through, tough, thorough, thought though.
30. “To sit in solemn silence in a dull, dark dock in a pestilential prison with a life-long lock, awaiting the sensation of a short, sharp shock from a cheap and chippy chopper with a big, black block.
31. Denise sees the fleece, Denise sees the fleas. At least Denise could sneeze and feed and freeze the fleas.
32. Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled pepper, A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers Where’s the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
33. I’m a mother pheasant plucker, I pluck mother pheasants. I’m the most pleasant mother pheasant plucker to ever pluck a mother pheasant. I’m not the pheasant plucker I’m the pheasant plucker’s wife, I’ve been plucking Mother pheasants my whole pheasant
34. When a doctor doctors a doctor, does the doctor doing the doctoring doctor as the doctor being doctored wants to be doctored or does the doctor doing the doctoring doctor as he wants to doctor?
35. Three sweet switched Swiss witches Watch three washed Swiss witch Swatch watch switches. Which sweet switched Swiss witch watches Which washed Swiss witch Swatch watch switch?
36. Of all the felt I ever felt, I never felt a piece of felt which felt as fine as that felt felt, when first I felt that felt hat’s felt.
37. Theophilus Thadeus Thistledown, The successful thistle-sifter, While sifting a sieve-full of unsifted thistles, Thrust three thousand thistles through the thick of his thumb.
38. Through three cheese trees three free fleas flew. While these fleas flew, a freezy breeze blew. Freezy breeze made these three trees freeze. Freezy trees made these trees’ cheese freeze. That’s what made these three free fleas sneeze.
39. How many snacks could a snack stacker stack, if a snack stacker snacked stacked snacks?
40. Ingenious iguanas improvising an intricate impromptu on impossibly-impractical instruments.
Funny Tongue Twisters For Adults
Funny tongue twisters in the English language are hilarious when mispronounced. It is an entertaining way to improve the speaking skills.
41. Top chopstick shops stock top chopsticks.
42. If a dog chews shoes, whose shoes does he choose?
43. A synonym for cinnamon is a cinnamon synonym.
44. Near a ear, a nearer ear, a nearly eerie ear.
45. Selfish shellfish (repeat several times)
46. He threw three free throws.
47. If two witches watched watches then which witch would watch which watch?
48. Susie works in a shoeshine shop. Where she shines she sits, and where she sits she shines.
49. If practice makes perfect and perfect needs practice, I’m perfectly practiced and practically perfect.
50. Luke Luck likes lakes.
Luke’s duck likes lakes.
Luke Luck licks lakes.
Luck’s duck licks lakes.
Duck takes licks in lakes Luke Luck likes.
Luke Luck takes licks in lakes duck likes.
51. Who washed Washington's white woolen underwear when Washington's washer went west?
52. A good cook could cook as much as cookies as a good cook who could cook cookies.
53. Six slippery snails, slid slowly seaward.
54. Picky people pick Peter Pan Peanut Butter, it is the peanut butter picky people pick.
55. Sheena leads, Sheila needs.
56. I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch.
57. Gobbling gargoyles gobbled gobbling goblins.
58. If Stu chews shoes, should Stu choose the shoes he chews?
59. How much pot, could a pot roast roast, if a pot roast could roast pot?
60. Can you can a can as a canner can can a can?
Tongue Twisters For Kids
Tongue twisters for kids are considered one of the best ways to improve their pronunciation and speaking skills. It also helps them to get familiar with the language pattern.
Here are some of the funny and hard tongue twisters for children.
61. I scream you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
62. Sheep should sleep in the shed.
63. Katie caught the kitten in the kitchen.
64. She sees cheese.
65. Red lorry, yellow lorry.
66. Billybod blabbered boldly.
67. Smelly shoes and socks shock sister.
68. Fresh fried fish.
69. The big bug bit the little beetle.
70. Which wristwatches are Swiss wristwatches?
71. Five frantic frogs fled from fifty fierce fishes.
72. Greek grapes, Greek grapes, Greek grapes.
73. Twelve twins twirled twelve twigs.
74. A big black bug bit a big black bear.
75. She sold six shabby sheared sheep on ship.
76. Birdie birdie in the sky laid a turdie in my eye.
77. Scissors sizzle, thistles sizzle.
78. Light the night light tonight.
79. I saw a saw that could out saw any other saw I ever saw.
80. Cooks cook cupcakes quickly.
Speech Therapy Tongue Twisters
Tongue twisters for pronunciation can improve clarity and speech patterns that lead to clear communication in everyday speech.
It also helps people to train their mouths and tongues to articulate sounds swiftly and accurately.
Tongue Twisters With S
Tongue twisters with S help you to learn about sibilant sounds. Here are some of the tongue twisters with the letter S.
81. She sells seashells by the seashore. The shells she sells are surely seashells. So if she sells shells on the seashore, I'm sure she sells seashore shells.
82. Shep Schwab shopped at Scott’s Schnapps shop; One shot of Scott’s Schnapps stopped Schwab’s watch.
83. Susan’s sock shop has surely stopped selling.
84. Six thick thistle sticks. Six thick thistles stick.
85. A snake sneaks to seek a snack.
86. Silly Sally swiftly shooed seven silly sheep. The seven silly sheep Silly Sally shooed Shilly-shallied south. These sheep shouldn't sleep in a shack; Sheep should sleep in a shed.
87. Six silly sisters selling shiny shoes.
88. She sells seashells by the seashore of Seychelles.
89. Six sick sheep skating on ice skates.
90. Scared sailors sink ships sailing near icebergs.
Tongue Twisters With R
91. Rory’s lawn rake rarely rakes really right.
92. Round and round the rugged rocks the ragged rascal ran.
93. Real rock wall, real rock wall, real rock wall.
94. Roberta ran rings around the Roman ruins.
95. A regal rural ruler.
96. Return to the rural royal resort.
97. Rory the warrior and Roger the worrier were reared wrongly in a rural brewery.
98. Raise Ruth’s red roof.
99. The rustic road route runs along the Red River.
100. Ripe white wheat reapers reap ripe white wheat right.
NEXT: 50 Funny Homeschool Mom Memes