100 Good Elf On The Shelf Names Female
Good Elf On The Shelf names female are Ada, Alaysha, Galadriel, and so many more. Aoibheann means beautiful and radiant in Greek.
Elf On The Shelf is a Christmas tradition started by Carol Aebersold and her twin daughters Chanda Bell and Christa Pitts. The tradition started after Carol wrote an illustrative book containing stories and rhymes about Christmas and Santa.
Now, the Elf on the Shelf is available for purchase on their official website and comes with a Scout Elf, a pictorial storybook, a keepsake box, and an official adoption certificate. The package costs $32.95 on the official website and two versions of both male and female Scout Elf are available for purchase.
The narrative of the story states, the Scout Elf hides in the home and watches the daily activities of the children, and reports it back to Santa Clause at the North Pole every night. The Elf flies to the North Pole and Back after everyone falls asleep and hides in a new spot every day for kids to find the next morning.
The only rule to follow during the tradition is no one is allowed to touch the Elf but can talk about their wants and desires for Christmas. However, for the Elf's magic to work, they must be first adopted by giving them a suitable name. Hence, we have collected 100 female names in this article below.
Female Elven Names For Your Adopted Elf
Good Elf On The Shelf Names Female for your Scout Elf are Aethelreda, Alma, and Aoibheann. We have made a list of unique elven names for female.
They are suitable for your recently adopted Scout Elf for her magic to work. These names can also be given to newborn baby girls.
- Albina is an African word that means someone born on Tuesday. The name will be perfect for a Scout Elf adopted on Tuesday.
- Aerwyna is an English word meaning friend of the sea. You can give this name to your Scout Elf if you live nearby the sea or love water.
- Aethelreda is another English name meaning a noble maiden. Try giving this name to your Scout Elf if you are roleplaying noble families.
- Alma is a modern word meaning nourishing, kind-souled, young woman. It is a perfect name for your Scout Elf to work her magic.
- Aoibheann is an Irish name meaning beautifully radiant. Aoibheann is a perfect name not just for the Scout Elf but for your little baby girl as well.
- Bethan is a Welsh word that is a form of Elizabeth. If your name is Elizabeth then you don't need to look any further and name your Scout Elf Bethan.
- Elnora is a Greek word meaning Compassion.
- Halona is a Native American word meaning fortunate. This is a perfect name if you believe your Scout Elf is fortunate enough to become a member of your family.
- Honoratas is a Spanish word meaning Honor. Make sure you name your Scout Elf Honoratas if you speak Spanish and have the honor of adopting it.
- Joan is an English name meaning God is gracious. Opt for the name if you feel the Scout Elf is a generous gift from the Almighty.
- Loriel is another English name that means Laurel tree. Laurel Trees are aromatic and evergreen so make sure to use the name for suiting personality.
- Melaine is a Greek word that roughly translates to black or dark. You may name your elf Melaine if they have dark skin.
- Merry is an English name meaning happy, joyful, or lighthearted. Merry can be a perfect name for an elf or baby girl with a similar personality.
- Natalka is a Latin word that means birthday. If your scout elf was adopted on the same day as your birthday then look no further than Natalka to name her.
- Ninor is a Hebrew name meaning that God has favored the one with the name. If you believe your elf is a favored one then Ninor is a perfect name for her.
- Nordika is a German name meaning from the North. As all elves come from the North Pole, the name Nordika will suit everyone.
- Parineeti is a Hindi name meaning a beautiful fairy. Who does not love being named a literal beautiful fairy that too in a foreign language?
- Parizad is a Persian word for a child of a fairy. You can name your elf Parizad and make yourself a fairy.
- Pippy is a Greek word meaning horse lover. Name your little one or your Scout Elf Pippy if they love horses like I do.
- Sheelin is an English word meaning lake of a fairy pool. The name works just fine to activate your Elf's magical powers by assigning her one name.
- Tallula means leaping water in the Native American language. The name can be used to show your appreciation for water.
- Tiên is a Vietnamese word meaning Immortal Celestial Being. Like who does not love naming their elf with such a deep-meaning word?
- Vilde means the battle of the elves in Norwegian. If your fictional biography of your Scout Elf contains a battle then Vilde is the name for her.
- Wynifred means Holy, Blessed, or joy and peace in Welsh. A perfect name for your partner elf.
- Wynsome is an English word meaning Agreeable.
25 Fantasy Elf Names Female
Fictional Elf names for fantasy lovers include Tinuviel, Glóredhel, and Ozma. Calanis is a fictional name from the Quenya language meaning Woman of Light.
Although most of the names in this list might not mean anything, they are perfect names to give to an elf.
- Tinuviel comes from the fictional language Sindarin meaning Daughter of Flowers.
- Amarië is a Vanyarin Elf who appears in J. R. R. Tolkien's fantasy world setting.
- Anairë is a fictional elf from the Noldorin world. The name means Holiest.
- Aredhel comes from the fictional world of Noldor. Aredhel means "The White Lady" in the fictional Sindarin language.
- Celebrían also comes from the fictional language Sindarin. Celebrían means Silver Queen in Sindarin.
- Eärwen roughly translates to Sea Maiden and comes from J. R. R. Tolkien's fantasy world setting.
- The Vanyarin Elf Elenwë is also named in the fictional Sindarin language. Her name does not have any translatable meaning.
- Enelyë is one of the original six elves in J. R. R. Tolkien's fantasy world.
- Finduilas is the ruler of Nargothrond.
- Glóredhel also comes from a fictional language and the meaning of the name is Elf of the Golden Light.
- Galadriel is also a Sindarin name. Galadriel is a female elf who co-ruled Lothlórien with her husband.
- Idril is a Sindari name meaning sparkling brilliance.
- Itarillë is a Quenya name that closely means to display bright intelligence.
- Indis is also a fantasy elf name without a translatable meaning.
- Míriel is a Noldorin female elf name. Míriel means the broideress.
- Mithrellas is a female Silvan Elf name without a known meaning.
- Nerdanel is a fictional elf name from the fantasy world of J. R. R. Tolkien. The name fits perfectly for someone with brownish hair and a rosy complexion.
- Nimrodel is the name of the Elf maid of Lórinand. The meaning of the name is unknown.
- Ozma is another fictional elf name without a meaning. Still, the name is super catchy to adopt for yourself.
- Tuilë is a Quenya language female elf name. Tuilë means Spring in the Quenya language.
- Calanis is also a Quenya language elf name meaning Woman of light.
- Yavanna is another Quenya language elf name. The meaning of Yavanna is Giver of Fruits in Quenya language.
- Nienna comes from the Quenya language and means tears. This one might suit perfectly for those who tend to shed tears easily.
- Lúthien comes from the Sindarin language and the name is used by female elves. Lúthien means Daughter of Flowers.
- Melian is a precious gift in the Sindarin language. The name can be used by almost anyone as all Scout Elves or baby girls are precious gifts in their own right.
This list features several elf characters from the Lord of the Rings franchise, do you fancy knowing which character has the longest name in Lord of the Rings?
25 Female Elvish Names
Names for female elves that mean elf in different languages are Elba, Alwine, and Alfie. Aafje is a Dutch name that translates to Elf in English.
We have collected 25 female elf names in different languages that roughly translate to Elf or Fairy.
- Aafje means elf in the Dutch language
- Aelfraed means elf counselor in English
- Aeverie also means an elf counselor in English.
- Alary means elf ruler in the German language.
- Albrun is a German word for elf magic
- Alfdís is an Old Norse word that translates to Elf Goddess.
- Alfie is a German word that means elf or magical counsel.
- Alfreda is another version of Alfie meaning elf or magical counsel in German language.
- Alfsol is an Icelandic word meaning elf of the sun.
- Alruna means elf of secret in the good old German language.
- Alva is a Swedish word meaning elf.
- Alvara is an Italian name that translates to elf warrior.
- Alvgjerd is a Norwegian word that means elf garden in English.
- Alvina is an English word with two meanings. It means elf or magical being and also a friend.
- Alwine is the German word for elf friend. This might be the perfect name for your elf-on-the-shelf scout name.
- Alwyne is an English word that means elf or magical being and also a friend. Alwyne and Alvina are synonyms.
- Aubrey is an English word meaning elf ruler.
- Aveley is also another English word meaning elf gift. However, Aveley also means wood clearing so be careful before picking the name.
- Elba is a Spanish word meaning elf.
- Elfie means elf, magical counsel, or a magical being with great strength in the Irish language.
- Elfriede is a German word meaning a very strong elf or an elf with great strength.
- Elfryda is a synonym for Elfie in Irish. Both names mean elf, magical counsel, or a magical being with great strength.
- Odiane means elfin spear in the German language.
- Olivia means elf warrior in several European languages.
- Houria means fairy or nymph in the Arabic language. Although fairies and elves are not exactly the same creatures, they tend to have several similarities.
25 Elf Names And Meanings
Female elf names with unique meanings are Aerwyna, Carwen, and Alaysha. Erina is a suitable female elf name meaning peace in the Swiss-Italian language.
- Ada is a Filipino word meaning Fairy. Ada will make a perfect name for an elf or your baby girl who does not want their little one to be called a fairy.
- Aeriel comes from the Hebrew language and the meaning of the name is Lion of God. Aeriel denotes someone with a fierce and courageous personality like a Lion.
- Agada is another Hebrew name suitable for an elf. The meaning of Agada is fairytale in the language.
- Albina is a Scandinavian word with multiple meanings. The word is used to refer to the color white, fair complexion, or even an elf.
- Alfiva means a gift from elves. The word comes from the Norwegian language and might be the best name to give to your elf if you got her as a gift from someone.
- Aloysia is a German word meaning famous warrior. The word has multiple good qualities to be in a name like it resembles someone strong as well as someone famous.
- Amethyst is a Greek word meaning drunk or intoxicated. Although Amethyst might be an excellent nickname, it should not be given as a proper name in my opinion.
- Arwen is a Welsh name meaning muse. Muse means someone or a personified force that is an inspiration for a creative artist.
- Batula is an Arabic word that means untouched or virgin. The word can be used as a name to denote the pureness of your elf on the shelf scout.
- Beeatrisa means voyager, particularly through the journey of life. It also means blessed and the name comes from the Latin word.
- Caerwyn is a Welsh name meaning white fortress. The name can be used to denote a fair and strong elf or a lady.
- Candy is an English word meaning a sweet treat. Candy makes the perfect name for your personal elf because all elves are sweet treats given as a gift.
- Carwen has multiple meanings. The word means Love, fair, and blessed making it a perfect name in the Welsh language.
- Cathlyne is a common name often found in our everyday interactions. However, the Greek name has a very deep meaning as it refers to purity.
- Chantiel is a French name for elves. The word means stone in the language and the name works for someone as strong as a stone.
- Decima is a Latin word meaning the Tenth girl. The name would work perfectly for the 10th adopted elf in the family or the elf adopted by the tenth member of the family.
- Delwyn is a Welsh word with two meanings. Delwyn means pretty and blessed, both qualities yearned by any elf or parent for their baby girl making it a perfect name.
- Erina is a Swiss-Italian name meaning peace. The name would be an exotic one to give to your scout elf as it has an excellent meaning and comes from a foreign language making it unique.
- Flavia is a Latin word meaning Yellow hair. The name would work perfectly for someone with blond hair or an elf with blond hair.
- Floria means flower or in bloom and comes from the ancient Latin language. The name would be perfect for someone with a bloomy or colorful personality.
- Gratia comes from the Latin language and it means favor or blessing in English. The name can be given to those elves who are considered a favor or blessing.
- Gunnalf is a Swedish name meaning battle elf. The name will work really well for those having a feisty personality or that elf whose fictional biography involves battle.
- Lamina is a Basque word meaning a nymph. According to Greek mythology, nymphs were associated with nature and had a long and fertile life despite not being immortal like the Greek goddesses.
- Sága comes from Old Norse which means seeing one. The name can be used to refer to the elf on the shelf which is there to observe everything to report back to Santa.
- Vila is a Serbian word meaning fairy. The name is suitable for any elf or baby girl.
Elf On The Shelf Girl Names Generator
Name generators for your female elf are a fun way to come up with names. Eillia, Gilriel, and Tiasha are the three names made using an elf name generator.
Elf names can be generated using websites or applications for free, these types of elf name generators hand out names randomly. Not just Elf names but cool rapper names can also be generated with rap name generators.
The elf name generators like Reedsy can be used to easily obtain a suitable name for your friend on the shelf. They can be used as many times as possible and will give you great ideas for naming your favorite elf.
Furthermore, there is nothing dictating that one should use the names generated by the elf name generator as it is. The user can always make changes as they please to come up with a name that might be close to their heart or just funny to hear.
Using the name generators is easier than drinking a cup of tea. You just need to enter the desired gender for the elf and hit a button to generate tens of names at once. Below are ten female elf names generated by name generators to give you an idea of what types of names are made by the websites.