50 Funny Baby Shower Questions For Mom And Dad
Baby shower questions for Mom and Dad asked during the trivia game are the best icebreakers. Get the guests laughing with these funny queries.
A baby shower is a party thrown to commemorate the upcoming birth of a baby. The main purpose of the event is to shower the mom-to-be with presents. The event is organized by the friends, sister-in-law, relatives, or co-workers of the soon-to-be mom.
Traditionally, baby showers consisted of women only but nowadays, co-ed baby showers are becoming a common thing. To make the day more special and memorable several activities such as games are also included.
Baby shower games are not a necessity but they help to add overall enjoyment to celebration. It also creates a festive atmosphere.
Some of the games are Bobbing For Pacifiers, Don't Say Baby, Guess the Baby Food, The Mommy or Daddy Game, Baby Bump Balloon Pop, and more. These games are fun and easy to play.
Hilarious baby shower games add a little humor to the party and make the guests smile and chuckle.
Here are 50 questions to ask the prospective parents during the trivia game.
Baby Shower Questions For Mom
Baby shower trivia questions are a fun way to gain knowledge about babies and pregnancy for new mothers.
Here are some of the fun baby shower questions to ask the mom-to-be.
1. Question: Do newborns produce tears while crying?
- Answer: No
2. Question: When do fingerprints appear on a baby's hand?
- Answer: After three months of birth
3. Question: How long is the average pregnancy?
- Answer: The average pregnancy lasts for 40 weeks i.e. 280 days
4. Question: What percentage of first-time mothers go past their due date?
- Answer: 81%
5. Question: What is the daily average number of dirty diapers for the newborn?
- Answer: 8-12 diapers
6. Question: What is the hormone called that your body starts producing when you are pregnant?
- Answer: Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG)
7. Question: Does a baby use its lungs in the womb?
- Answer: No, the babies use their lungs only after birth
8. Question: On average, a baby doubles its birth weight at what age?
- Answer: Five months
9. Question: On average, when do babies start smiling socially?
- Answer: Between 6-8 weeks
10. Question: How long until a baby is self-aware?
- Answer: Between 15-24 months
11. Question: At what age does a baby start crawling?
- Answer: Most babies start crawling between 7-10 months
12. Question: Can a baby yawn in the mother's womb?
- Answer: Yes, ultrasounds have shown fetuses opening their mouths inside the womb
13. Question: How much does the average newborn baby weigh?
- Answer: The average newborn baby weighs between six and nine pounds.
14. Question: How many diapers does an average baby use for one year?
- Answer: On average, the newborn uses 2000 to 2200 diapers in the first year
15. Question: How long are baby wipes good for?
- Answer: For 2-3 years
16. Question: How long should newborn babies sleep per day?
- Answer: Sleep varies between 14 hours and 16 hours over a 24-hour period
17. Question: What is the first feces or stool of a newborn called?
- Answer: Meconium
18. Question: How long babies do stay in meconium?
- Answer: Between 24-48 hours after birth.
19. Question: When to give a newborn baby a bath?
- Answer: After the baby's umbilical stump comes off
20. Question: When does the baby take its first breath in the womb?
- Answer: As early as week ten of pregnancy
21. Question: What does the baby do in the womb after the mother sleeps?
- Answer: Most likely to move around the womb
22. Question: When are most babies born relative to due dates?
- Answer: Over 90% of babies are born two weeks either side of their expected date
23. Question: At what age do infants begin to recognize familiar faces and voices?
- Answer: Between 2-4 months
24. Question: At what age is a baby ready for solid foods?
- Answer: About six months
25. Question: When do babies cry most?
- Answer: Between 6-8 weeks
As Mother's Day is approaching, we have also covered an article on Famous Mothers Trivia Questions And Answers to celebrate the fictional TV moms out there. You may want to read this.
Baby Shower Questions For Dad
Here are some of the baby shower questions for the dad-to-be.
26. Question: How long does it take a baby to recognize their father's voice?
- Answer: It takes about 14 days for the baby to recognize their dad's voice
27. Question: When do babies start walking?
- Answer: Between 6 to 18 months
28. Question: When do babies say their first word?
- Answer: Most babies say their first word at around 12 months
29. Question: When do babies' eyes start to change color?
- Answer: Most babies would have a change in eye color at about nine months
30. Question: What is the first color that babies see?
- Answer: Red
31. Question: How far can newborns see at two weeks?
- Answer: 8-12 inches away
32. Question: At what age do babies start missing their parents?
- Answer: Between 4-7 months
33. Question: At what age can a baby taste salt?
- Answer: Between 2-6 months
34. Question: What is the average length of a newborn's foot?
- Answer: The average length of an infant's foot is 3.5 inches
35. Question: What is the most common blood type for newborns?
- Answer: Type O
36. Question: When do babies' kneecaps fully develop?
- Answer: Between the ages of two and six
37. Question: What is the first sense a baby develops after birth?
- Answer: Sense of touch
38. Question: What is the one thing a baby can do but an adult cannot?
- Answer: Swallowing and breathing at the same time
39. Question: When do babies start producing tears?
- Answer: About two weeks
40. Question: How many bones does a newborn baby have?
- Answer: 300 bones
41. Question: When do babies themselves in the mirror?
- Answer: Between 18-24 months
42. Question: When do babies typically make eye contact?
- Answer: Between 6-8 weeks
43. Question: What vaccination do babies get at birth?
- Answer: Hepatitis B
44. Question: What part of the newborn's body is the same size at birth as the rest of the life?
- Answer: The eyes
45. Question: What's the safest position for a baby to sleep in?
- Answer: On their backs
46. Question: Babies are born without which part of the body?
- Answer: Kneecaps
47. Question: How well can a newborn hear?
- Answer: Fairly well but not perfectly
48. Question: When should you bring your baby to a pediatrician for a check-up?
- Answer: At 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18 and 24 months
49. Question: How much does the average baby girl weigh at birth?
- Answer: 7lbs 2oz (3.2 kg)
50. Question: How much does the average baby boy weigh at birth?
- Answer: 7lbs 6oz (3.3 kg)
Fun Baby Shower Questions For The Parents-To-Be
Baby shower game prized moments are the time spent with your loved ones. It is one of the best days in the lives of soon-to-be parents.
Here are some of the fun personal questions for the parents-to-be that the guests are more likely to ask during the baby shower game.
- What is the exact due date of the baby?
- What excites you about becoming parents?
- What color did you pick for the baby's room?
- Which parent will the baby look like?
- Who will be more nervous when the labor starts?
- What was the first item that the couple bought for the baby?
- What did the mom crave during the pregnancy?
- What do you think the baby's first world will be?
- Do you have any names in your mind for the infant?
- Who's going to spoil the baby the most?
- Which parent is likely to be the strictest?
- Which parent is more likely to be the goofball?
- Who will sing the best lullabies to the baby?
- How many kids do you want to have?
- Who's been reading up the most on how to take care of the baby?
- Which parent will be more patient?
- Who wants to have more kids?
- Who's going to be in charge of baby-proofing the house?
- Who will function better with sleep deprivation?
- Who will work the most on potty training?
- Who will pick up the baby's stuff around the house more?
- Who will take more photographs of the baby?
You May Also Like: Fun Nursing Trivia Questions and Answers For Nurses Week